Young Agri-Food Leaders Network
What is Farm Foundation Young Agri-Food Leaders Network?
This program seeks to actively engage emerging leaders in food and agribusiness, from ages 25-40 years old, in a year-long series of interactive learning and networking experiences, focused on gaining a deeper understanding of the food and agriculture value chain. The program also hopes to help young professionals build a strong, enduring network of peers in business, farming and government. In this, our debut year, up to 10 participants will be sponsored to attend events, engage in virtual conversations, and participate in exclusive learning and networking opportunities.
What will the Young Agri-Food Leaders do?
– Develop working relationships with peers and a senior agri-food mentor.
– Attend one of two Farm Foundation Round Table meetings (in January or June), including the local food and agriculture tours during the meetings. The Farm Foundation Round Table is an invitational discussion group that brings together thought leaders from across geographic, regional and value-chain sectors to explore issues that will impact the entire food and agriculture sectors.
– Participate in at least three of seven Farm Foundation Forums via audiocast. Farm Foundation Forums are public forums, where presenters and participants examine and discuss current policies, issues and opportunities for food and agriculture.
– Spend three days on a retreat in the U.S., to meet with and learn from senior executives in the USDA, Congress, agribusinesses, commodity trade associations, and our Young Farmer Accelerators participants.
What does the award cover?
The award covers all expenses for meeting registration costs, travel, hotel accommodations and materials.
Who is eligible to be nominated for the Young Agri-Food Leaders Network?
To be eligible for this program, individuals must be a U.S. citizen, between the ages of 25 and 40, be employed in the agri-food industry, and show significant leadership potential. Young professionals representing a wide swath of the food/ag value chain from around the US will be selected in order to assemble a diverse cohort. Leaders can be nominated by anyone who knows them well, such as managers, colleagues, etc.
What is the leader required to do?
Farm Foundation Young Agri-Food Leaders will be required to attend all of the gatherings listed above, regularly check in with their mentor, and prepare a capstone project at the end of the program year. At times they may also be called up to comment, present or offer insights on subject matter related to their work.
What are the dates and locations of the meetings the Young Agri-Food Leaders will attend?
- The January Farm Foundation Round Table Meeting will take place Jan. 13-15, 2021 in Research Triangle Park, NC
- The June Farm Foundation Round Table Meeting will take place June 16-18, 2021 in Denver, CO.
- A Young Agri-Food Accelerator Retreat will take place at a date to be determined, likely in February 2021.
- Farm Foundation Forums are normally held in Washington, DC on the third Tuesday of the month in February, March, April, May, June, September, October and November.
- Virtual convenings will be held monthly, except during July and August.
What is the nomination timeline?
Nominations are now closed.
How do I nominate someone?
Nominations are now closed. When the next nomination period opens, we will post the nomination form on this page.