Agricultural Economics Trade Fellow
Farm Foundation is pleased to offer the opportunity for an outstanding early-career agricultural economist to join our team for one year as our first Agricultural Economics Trade Fellow.Nominate An Ag Econ Trade Fellow
Nominations are open for the Farm Foundation Agricultural Economics Trade Fellowship
About the Trade Fellowship
The Agricultural Economics Trade Fellowship is a year-long program for one post-Ph.D. agricultural economist with a specialization in ag markets and trade. It includes the opportunity to be mentored and mentor, provide thought leadership through publications and speaking appearances, expand their network, manage high-visibility projects and elevate their stature in the food and agricultural sectors.
Expectations and Opportunities for the Agricultural Economics Trade Fellow
- Participation and engagement across Farm Foundation programs and events
- Produce several short written pieces such as blog posts
- Author at least one issue paper on trade-related issues
- Network and be mentored by staff in USDA’s Office of the Chief Economist
- Mentor and meet participants in the Farm Foundation and ERS Ag Scholars program
The Ag Econ Trade Fellow will receive a $35,000 stipend and $5,000 for travel, supplies and technical support. Applications are due November 5, 2021. Applicants can self-nominate or be nominated by a colleague or mentor.
Click here to view our current Agricultural Economic Fellow.
Nominate An Ag Econ Trade Fellow