Farm Foundation Awards
Farm Foundation Emerging Leader Award
Recognizing an emerging young leader who is on the trajectory to make transformational change within the agriculture and food industries.
The Farm Foundation Emerging Leader Award 2023 Recipient
Emily Metz, President and CEO, American Egg Board
Emily Metz is president & CEO of the American Egg Board, the national marketing organization for the U.S. egg industry. In this role, she directs strategy and oversees national programs spanning consumer marketing and PR; CPG manufacturing and foodservice engagement and R&D; health and nutrition research and communications; and exports to drive demand for U.S. eggs and egg products domestically and abroad. Metz is a professional communicator, marketer and strategist who has built her career around a passion for agriculture in roles supporting U.S. dairy, beef, pork and poultry farmers. An attorney specializing in food and drug law, she has held communications, marketing and advocacy positions at the USDA, the Animal Agriculture Alliance, National Milk Producers Federation and, most recently, at the world’s largest animal genetics company, Genus Plc. She is delighted and honored to serve America’s egg farmers and support the nation’s love affair with the incredible egg.
Nominated by: Mark Crowell, CEO, CuliNEX
As we look to the next generation to carry forward the most meaningful work, this award recognizes a person under 40 who is on the trajectory to make transformational change within the agriculture and food industries.
Emerging Leader Award Criteria+–
- An emerging leader within their career, 40 years of age or younger
- Identifiable early career achievements in improving the agriculture and food industries
- Exhibits leadership examples by being involved in organizations across the food and agriculture sector
- Shows initiative and promise in playing an active role in leading change within the food and agriculture sector
- Actively participates in events and opportunities to educate consumers and broad audiences on the importance of the food and agriculture sector
- Embodies the mission and vision of Farm Foundation through their work and contributions
Emerging Leader Award Nomination Materials+–
- Nominee resume/CV
- At least one letter of support from a current supervisor or colleague
Please upload materials in the nomination portal by no later than October 20, 2023.
Who can I contact with questions?+–
For more information, please reach out to Farm Foundation Vice President of External Relations Tim Brennan.